Sunday 27 March 2011

Accessorize Illusion Eye Shadow 21–Iris

I’m a big fan of the Accessorize make-up range, which was released in late autumn 2010.  I’ve bought several eyeshadows and eye dusts, two blushers, two lipglosses, two glitter eye crayons and a cream eyeliner so far and it’s my go-to brand when I fancy a cheap and cheerful make-up treat as the products are so varied and inexpensive.

Today I’d like to share a few photos of one of my favourite eye shadows from the range which is the shimmering lilac shade “Iris”.  Here are some shots of the product in the pan.  You can click on any of the photos for a larger view.

IMG_7142 IMG_7143 IMG_7145
without flash without flash with flash

Isn’t that packaging cute?  I actually think the photo with flash gives the truest indication of how the colour looks both in the pan and on the skin.

The texture of the shadow is very creamy and smooth due to the fact that paraffinum liquidum or mineral oil is one of its main ingredients.  The pigmentation is excellent so you can pretty much get a colour-payoff that matches the colour in the pan on your skin, and it’s very easy to blend.  You get 2.5g of product which is really quite a generous helping although I do find that I use quite a lot of product with each application, but then I have soooo many eyeshadows that really with 2.5g while I may hit the bottom of the pan eventually I’m probably never going to run out.

Here’s a simple look that I wore yesterday.  I simply primed my eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion, lined close to my upper lash line with a slightly darker purple, then whacked this shadow on top and blended out slightly above my crease and below my lower lash line with a large eyeshadow brush.  I finished with a generous application of Fearne Cotton black mascara.

IMG_7115 IMG_7118
I love offsetting purple eyeshadows with bright pink blush, I think it’s a lovely colour combo.  Here I’m wearing Accessorize merged blush in 2. Starlet, which incidentally is my favourite blush at the moment.

I also love this eyeshadow because I have dark brown eyes and lilacs make my eyes look darker and more intense (the colours are complementary and absorb different ends of the spectrum of light).  Lilacs and purples also make green eyes look more vibrant and hazel eyes look greener if any of those are effects that you are interested in.

I’m happy to report that I wore this look all day long yesterday and it was still in place by the time I removed my make-up before bed, so this shadow gets top marks for longevity too.
 
Accessorize eyeshadow singles currently retail for £4 and are available from Superdrug stores and Accessorize online.  As I mentioned at the start I now have loads of Accessorize make-up so I will try to post some more photos soon to introduce you to my whole collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment