Sunday 27 March 2011

Spring Nails 2011

It was such a gorgeous sunny day today that I felt inspired to paint my nails for the first time in about six months!

I love pastel nails in spring time and here are my current three favourites.

IMG_7052 IMG_7047
with flash w/o flash
IMG_7055  

Shades clockwise from left:

Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish Fruities in 053 Apricot Punch; Barry M Nail Paint 308 Berry Ice Cream; Barry M Nail Paint 304 Mint Green (all purchased from Superdrug in the UK)

The Rimmel nail polish is actually scented and gives off a subtle apricot scent when dry.  I’m not 100% sure if this apricot shade is still available as I bought it last year but there are definitely other shades in the I Love Lasting Finish Fruities in Superdrug.  The two Barry M shades are also currently available both in Superdrug and from Barry M online.

All of these nail varnishes take two coats to give good coverage.  I’m never any good at getting my nail varnishes to last though and all of these chip within 3 – 4 days for me (but much longer if used on my toes)…but that’s OK, as that just means I can take the colour off and switch to another shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment