Saturday 7 May 2011

Blue Eyes

I received some quite annoying news this morning which put me in a bit of a grumpy mood.  Well, that’s no way to start a weekend so I set about cheering myself up by playing with my make-up.  (I’m happy to say that not only did I feel much better after having played with my make-up but I have also largely solved my problem from this morning, so I am once again a happy bunny – hooray).

I’ve had a rather annoying cold this week which involved loads of sneezing and nose-blowing which really whacked my skin, so I used a hydrating foundation and quite a lot of bronzer for the first time this year so my skin looks quite glowy in these pics.

2011-05-07

I ended up wearing quite a lot of make-up compared to what I normally would for a daytime look but I really liked the colours so I went out during the day wearing this look.  I think it’s also perfect for me as an evening look – a soft wash of colour all over the lid with lots of definition at the lashes, shimmery cheeks, and glossy pink lips.

Creating the Look

First I applied a generous layer of foundation before dusting a shimmery bronzer over my cheek bones and temples.  My absolute favourite is the Shimmy Shimmers in Bronze Shimmer by MeMeMe.  I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and it’s such a great pick-me-up product (and also as you can see from the pic below mine still looks as if it’s hardly been used!)

IMG_8330IMG_8328

I used two colours from the Sleek primer palette as a base for my eyeshadow: the silver (1st on right, top row) all over my eyes to the brows, and the blue (2nd from left, top row) over my lids to the crease.

IMG_8326

Here are some swatches to show how the colours apply.  I always apply and blend these using my fingers rather than the brush provided – I find it’s the best way to both pick up the product and blend it out to a workably thin layer.

IMG_8360 1. silver – thick coat, suitable if using alone as a cream eyeshadow

2. silver – thinly applied, suitable if using as an eyeshadow base

3. blue - thick coat, suitable if using alone as a cream eyeshadow

4. blue - thinly applied, suitable if using as an eyeshadow base

I applied Body Shop eye shimmer in indigo over my entire lid, blending it out to just beneath my brows.

I then drew quite a thick line near my upper lashes using a metallic blue eye pencil.  I smudged the line out with a small brush then applied more eye shimmer on top.  I really like this eyeshadow as it’s super-iridescent and takes on quite a different hue when applied over eyepencil.

I then added some finer definition near my upper lashes using an electric blue liquid eyeliner and finally added tons of mascara to finish my eyes.

Finally I thought I’d pop on some peachy lipgloss and I was good to go (after first posing for some pics for this blog entry of course!)

2011-05-072

No comments:

Post a Comment