Saturday 16 July 2011

Neutral Lips from Gosh

Once I started playing with the testers I couldn’t choose just one so I ended up buying three new lip products from Gosh this week.  They’re all colours that I would wear every day and the quality is very good, which goes some way to making up for my disappointment with my recently purchased Bourjois summer lipgloss which I wrote about here.

2011-07-153

left: Gosh Velvet Touch lipstick in 146 Cappuccino, £4.49

top right: Gosh Light’n Shine Lip Glaze in 07, £5.99

bottom right: Gosh Lip Gloss in 0082, £3.99

(Note: I think a couple if not all of these prices were at special offer so they may be more expensive normally.)

I actually really like all of these products. The lipstick is quite creamy and non-drying and applies a lovely, even colour straight from the bullet.  The packaging is also nice and slick.  It’s going to become one of my handbag staples this summer.

The lipgloss was a good buy at £3.99.  It’s quite thick and has a creamy rather than sticky consistency.  It’s semi-opaque and the colour can be built up so you can either wear a thin layer and allow your natural lip colour to dominate or apply with a slightly heavier hand for a lovely shiny coral finish. The packaging is quite standard and it comes with a doe-foot applicator.

2011-07-155

I have to admit that when I picked up the Light’N Shine lipgloss I just bought it because I liked the colour, and I never actually noticed the rather gimmicky packaging which is quite amusing.  It comes with a mirror on the side and two tiny lights in the lid that switch on when you unscrew the top.  This means that you can easily apply your gloss in the dark – though I’m not sure why this would be terribly useful as after all, who’s going to see your lipgloss if you’re in the dark anyway??  It did make me laugh the first time I used it though.

The applicator is a brush which I like in a gloss as I think it allows for more precise application.  The conistency is quite sticky and the colour is quite subtle, but I like it because I think it catches the light in a lovely way.  The result on lips is more of a very light lilac than the colour that appears in the packaging.

2011-07-154

Finally here are some swatches on my skin and lips.  I’m finding it difficult to choose a favourite as I think all of them look great.  If you haven’t tried Gosh before I definitely recommend checking them out.  Gosh products are currently available from Superdrug in the UK.

IMG_0089-1

Left to right above and top to bottom below: lipstick in 146 Cappuccino, lipgloss in 0082, Light’n Shine Lip Glaze in 07

2011-07-152

No comments:

Post a Comment