Sunday 10 July 2011

Sleek Curaçao Swatches

It seems a bit like this summer has been a case of another week, another Sleek eyeshadow palette for me!  This week I picked up their most recent Limited Edition release which is part of their Carribean collection.  Actually I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy this one or not from the previews that I saw on other blogs but when I went to look at it in Superdrug I just thought, well, for £6.99 I might as well!  (Although £6.99 actually represents a price rise of 8% on the last Sleek palette I bought, as I paid £6.49 for the Oh So Special palette about a week ago which is a bit of a steep jump put in those terms).  The Carribean collection also contains an orange pout polish and blush but after my strange experience with their last Limited Edition blush release Santorini from the Mediterranean collection I thought I’d give the blush a miss this time.

IMG_9838

The palette is a really fun combination of bright colours and finishes, and all of the shadows are named after different cocktalis.

From left to right:

top row bottom row  
tequila sunrise metallic apres midori shimmer
martini metallic blue lagoon matte
blue hawaiian matte purple haze matte
bloody mary matte green martini metallic
screwdriver matte singapore sling metallic
green iguana metallic espresso martini matte
       

I’m not sure why I thought I wouldn’t like this palette from the previews I saw because now that I own it I think it’s actually going to become one of my favourite sleek palettes!  It could be that it’s difficult to portray just how vivid the colours really are in photographs – I think some of the mattes especially can appear a bit washed out in photos, but I can promise that the colours are all fantastically bright and well pigmented.  Blue Hawaiian on the top row looks a bit washed out on my skin below, but I wore it the other day over a creamy primer and it looked great.  The only colour I probably won’t use is the matte black.

IMG_9844

No comments:

Post a Comment