Sunday 24 July 2011

Sunday Afternoon at St Pancras

I had afternoon tea in St Pancras train station today, which was looking lovely in the sunshine.

IMG00162-20110724-1613

As I was in the station I had a quick browse around some of the shops while I was there.

I got a straw hat from Accessorize which was £9 in the sale.  I think I shall have to make a trip to the countryside as it seems to be the kind of hat to be worn whilst floating about on a small lake in a rowing boat or whilst running barefoot through a meadow…or maybe that’s just me.  Hmm. 

2011-07-24

I’m not wearing any foundation in the photos above – could my skin be looking so refined and dewy thanks to my recently purchased perfecting cream by Melvita, or is it just a coincidence?  Who knows, but if my skin’s still looking like this when I run out then I’ll probably be repurchasing it just in case it is thanks to the perfecting cream!

I also got a pair of tea cup earrings (£6) to add to my growing collection of afternoon tea-themed accessories:

IMG_0339

and another baked duo eyeshadow in shade 11 Aphrodite. Accessorize give a student discount of 10% on non-sale items so it worked out cheaper buying it there than in Superdrug. I love the fact that not only are Accessorize baked shadows great quality (apply smoothly, have good pigmentation and are long lasting) they also look so beautiful in the pan – the dark half of this one looks like a chunk of precious rock with its sparkly black with copper and white veining.  I don’t really wear black eyeshadow but the veining in this one gives an interesting finish that’s definitely not just black.

 2011-07-242

I also got a couple of loose pigment mineral eyeshadows from Neals Yard Remedies that were on sale at £6 instead of £12. The packaging is quite standard and the pots contain 1g of product each.  They have a sticker on the side saying that they’re 11% organic and 86% minerals, just in case those numbers mean anything to you.  Neal’s Yard also say that these are vegan friendly, they have the leaping bunny from BUAV to show they are not tested on animals, and they’re even Soil Association approved.

IMG_0315

2011-07-241

I got a light green called Sage and a dark brown called Truffle which I think could be used together to create a nice smoky look.  The shadows have a lovely smooth consistency and a slight shimmer and I’m looking forward to wearing them this week as I’m into my greens at the moment.

IMG_0319

No comments:

Post a Comment