Saturday 6 August 2011

My First Taste of NARS

I’m not usually one for indulging in high end make-up but I have to admit that my curiosity was well and truly piqued by the intense online buzz surrounding this particular eyeshadow.  The more I read about it the more I liked the sound of it, and last week I officially cracked.  I put in an order with ASOS (they are currently offering free standard UK delivery), waved goodbye to £23.50, and today took delivery of this little baby: NARS Dogon, welcome to my life.  I may have gone a little crazy with my photos but it’s so beautiful I couldn’t help myself…

2011-08-062

IMG_05172011-08-0632011-08-064

I included my finger swatches because you can see the duochrome effect of the lighter colour when compared with the bottom photo.  The darker colour looks a bit light in these swatches but it is very pigmented – I just swiped it very lightly because it’s so lovely and new looking I hardly dared touch it ha ha.  I also love the fact that you can layer the lighter colour over the darker colour to create a gorgeous shimmery hybrid colour.

I’ll be using this to create more cat’s eyes in a similar vein to my gold and purple one here.  I’m going away for a few days soon and the sleek, hardy packaging will be perfect for slipping into my make-up bag.  This, mascara, a lippie and a lipgloss and I’ll be good to go.

Given that I’ve now managed to spend just under £80 on make-up in under one week (NARS Dogon, a bunch of stuff by Famous by Sue Moxley and the new Urban Decay palette) I’m now officially placing myself on a frivolous-spending ban until September.  I think it’ll actually be a good opportunity for me to better acquaint myself with my current collection and try to focus on what I have rather than constantly thinking about what I can buy next.  That doesn’t mean that I’m going to be on a blogging ban though, I have so much stuff there’ll be plenty for me to write about anyway – including some lovely jewellery that I’ve already bought but haven’t gotten round to posting about yet.  Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment