Saturday 17 September 2011

Colourworks Eyeshadow Palette 2011

I visited Superdrug this weekend and came back laden with lots of new make-up, hooray!  I bought some Accessorize make-up as it’s one of my favourite brands and currently on 3-for-2 offer at Superdrug, and I also got some Christmas palettes as they were also on 3-for-2 special offer and they were just so sparkly and cute looking that I couldn’t resist. 

Today I have some pics of one of the Colourworks eyeshadow palettes.  I think it’s a Superdrug own brand but in any case has the leaping bunny seal of BUAV approval that it is not tested on animals which is always reassuring.  Superdrug tend to stock a variety of Colourworks palettes and gift sets in the run up to Christmas each year.  This one contains 18 eyeshadows, each 1.2g, and retails for £7.99 but is included in their 3-for-2 on all gifts promotion which I imagine will run right up until Christmas.

2011-09-17

I’ve left this picture quite large so that you can click on it for a better view.  I was attracted to this set by the selection of colours which I think is both very on trend and wearable, and a good mixture of brights and neutrals.  I have to say that when I was making swatches I was also very impressed by the quality – some of the shadows did feel a bit gritty but on the whole they applied well and were pretty pigmented.  The texture is very soft and creamy, so I did make a bit of a dent in some when I later applied some with the sponge tipped applicator that was included in the set, but for the price I’m really not complaining at all.  Most of the shades are shimmery and there are also a few glittery ones.  I think they are very comparable to Superdrug’s MUA eyeshadows which retail at £1 each.

I also created a collage of all the shadows in the palette at slightly closer range so you can click on the photo below to get a really good view of the shadows.

2011-09-171

Here are a couple of quick snaps of the look that I wore today which used the two colours in the top left of the palette + a shimmery highlighter in the inner corner of my eye.

2011-09-18

The colours were easy to apply and lasted all day over a primer, so I’m really pretty impressed by this palette so far.

I also purchased a set of 7 lipglosses for £7.99 and got a set of 5 nail varnishes free as part of the 3-for-2 special offer (rrp £6.99) which I will try to post pics of later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment