Sunday 11 September 2011

Softly Smokey with MAC Me Over’s Lady Grey

After doing some research (i.e. reading numerous other blogs!) I decided to pick up a couple of items from one of MAC’s current collections, MAC Me Over.  It’s a huge collection containing 51 items altogether which was really an overwhelming selection but I eventually settled on one of the two eyeshadow quads and a shadestick.

I bought the shadestick in Heirloom which makes me think of light purple heather and the quad in Lady Grey which contains three coloured mid-tone greys and a light matte pinkish shade.

I didn’t get a good photo of the shadestick, which is a bit annoying as I was going to say that although I quite like this product I think the packaging is a bit disappointingly cheap looking and I do think it’s quite overpriced for what you get.  They are retailing at £13.50, for which you get 1.5g of product, but I’ve found that I use quite a lot of product each time so I don’t think it will last that long – certainly not as long as a normal powder eyeshadow.  That aside it is a beautiful shade and is great for a super-quick pick-me-up when you’re in a rush in the mornings.  Here I’ve applied it just in my crease and along my lower lash line and I think it gives a lovely glint to my eyes.

2011-09-111

Lady Grey definitely contains the most sophisticated shades in my make-up collection to date and I love them all.  My immediate thought when I look at them is “soft smokey”.

2011-09-11

Shades in top picture clockwise from top left: All Races, Tendersmoke, Hazy Day, Lady Grey

Bottom pic left to right: shadestick in Heirloom, All Races, Tendersmoke, Lady Grey, Hazy Day

My current favourite shade is All Races because it’s just so easy to wear.  In the pics below you can see me wearing All Races all over my lids on top of the shadestick in Heirloom, which seems to bring out lilac tones in it.

2011-09-112

I also love the “daytime smokey” look that can be created with this palette.  In the pic below I’ve just added Tendersmoke in my crease and Hazy Days along my upper and lower lashlines and finished with mascara.  I think the result is both subtle and beautiful.

2011-09-113

I’ve been wearing this look for about 12h now and it’s still all present and correct on my eyes so I have no complaints about longevity.  I would definitely recommend this palette for fellow brown-eyed ladies out there as the lilac/purple tones seem to be very flattering to my eye colour; I’m not sure of the effect on other eye colours but this palette is a bit of a gem so if you’re interested I’d say it’s definitely worth going to check out at your nearest counter.  I got mine from Debenhams for £33.

No comments:

Post a Comment