Sunday 9 October 2011

Accessorize Merged Eyeshadows in Seashell and Pink Planet

It seems like my last few posts have been about products that I’ve been a bit disappointed by so I’m happy to be able to buck that trend at last by posting about these two lovely eyeshadows.

2011-10-10

These are from the Accessorize cosmetics range and I picked them up in Superdrug for £4.50 each.  They’re great value considering that each shadow contains a massive 3g (that’s twice the weight of an Urban Decay or MAC single shadow).  I think there are eight shades in the range altogether although most are quite neutral – Pink Planet is the only really bright shade.

The colours are shimmery with veins of a contrasting colour running through them – Seashell is silvery grey with copper veins and Pink Planet is pink with indigo veins.  While the veins are too small to pick the colour out individually I do think the effect is noticeable in the colour payoff of the shadows.

2011-10-096

Shadows swatched on bare skin:

IMG_2883

The colours are not really true to the pan which is partly due to the veining and partly due to the texture being quite sheer.  They produce beautiful washes of colour when swept over a base on the eyes, and because they’re shimmery you don’t even need a second shade to create extra dimension – I just used one brush to sweep the colour over my lids then blend it out at the edges, and the shimmer caught the light to create a highlight above the crease.  I’m not wearing any mascara in the pics below.

2011-10-094

2011-10-095

If you like shimmery colours then I definitely recommend this range of shadows, they are just so pretty as well as being a great price.  They remind me of the Body Shop Shimmer Cubes so if you’re a fan of those I think you’d like these.  The quality is very good – they apply and blend out smoothly, have good pigmentation and last all day on my eyes over a base.

I think I’ll be getting a lot of use out of these two shades this autumn as Pink Planet is a very wearable alternative to orange and red (I’ll have no qualms about wearing it to work as my everyday daytime look) and Seashell looks great both worn alone or in combination with a flatter grey colour for a very multi-dimensional, textured look.

No comments:

Post a Comment