Saturday 15 October 2011

Cranberry Pumpkin Eyes

This is the first look that I’ve created based on my Autumn 2011 colour chart.  It’s pretty simple; although I used four eyeshadows altogether it was really just to create the two shades I was actually aiming for, I only used two brushes and it only took about 10 min to throw together.

It’s really bright and vivid, but also very wearable as a daytime look.  I’d wear this at the weekends if I were going out to meet friends.

The Look

Burnt orange and red light up the face with a windswept glow (with windswept hair to match!)

IMG_2900IMG_2916-1IMG_2915

The Products

2011-10-151

Above: I used Pixi radiance powder all over my cheeks, temples, nose and chin and highlighted the apples of my cheek with a light dusting of Scandal merged blush by Accessorize.  It’s the perfect glowing red for faking that “windswept from a country walk” kind of flush on the cheeks.

2011-10-152

Above: I applied two bright oranges from the Sleek Paraguaya eyeshadow palette over my lids and darkened the crease with a bright red, also by Sleek (this one is from the Curacao palette) and a dark red Body Shop shimmer cube (I got this one a couple of years ago so it’s no longer available in the Body Shop but I just mixed these two colours to get the shade I was looking for).

2011-10-154

Above: I only used two brushes: a flat shading brush (front) to pack orange onto my lids and a fluffy blending brush (back) to blend the orange and red above my crease towards my brows.

No comments:

Post a Comment