Wednesday 26 October 2011

Halloween Mascara

Well…not really, but that’s what I thought when I saw the packaging on the display so I thought it would be a fun addition to my make-up collection for the autumn.

IMG_3164

Scandaleyes mascara by Rimmel, around £7

I thought I’d do a very quick post just to show some pics of the mascara by doing a quick and very unscientific comparison with my hitherto favourite mascara by Rimmel, VolumeMax Bold Curves.  The packaging of both is really bright and garish…I think it does make them look a bit cheap, but it’s also good fun and makes them easy to spot in amongst a big pile of make-up or make-up bag so I have to admit that I quite like it.

IMG_3166

IMG_3167

Above: top wand – Volume Max Bold Curves, bottom wand – Scandaleyes

The thing I have to say about Scandaleyes mascara is that the wand is absolutely HUGE.  It’s bigger than my eye!  In the top photo you can see the Scandaleyes wand while the photo below is the Volume Max Bold Curves wand.  Sorry the pics are a bit blurry…I took these photos myself and it proved a bit difficult to hold the camera steady whilst attempting to photograph myself applying mascara.

2011-10-221

The Scandaleyes mascara has a very “elastic” consistency and it does tend to pull out of the tube with a big blobby strand of mascara on the end of the wand which you have to wipe off before letting the wand anywhere near your eyes.  However the performance is very similar to other Rimmel mascaras and I think it’s really not a bad buy.  The picture below shows my lashes with 2 coats of Scandaleyes mascara – the angle of the shot is not great but really there is not that much to show, my lashes are really so puny there’s only so much that any mascara can do for them.IMG_3182

However I think you can still see that they’ve been bulked up quite nicely by the mascara.

My favourite of the two mascaras is the Volume Max Bold Curves though because the brush is such a great fit for my lashes and it really does bulk them up.  I have had it for several months already though so it could just be that it’s performing better with age as my mascaras generally do, as drier, thicker formulas coat and bulk up my lashes better than runnier ones, so I suspect that in a few months when my Volume Max is starting to dry out my Scandaleyes will just be starting to come into its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment