Sunday 13 November 2011

First visit to the Illamasqua Store

I’d never actually tried any Illamasqua make-up before this weekend although it’s an up and coming brand that I keep seeing great things about online and quite appeals to my tastes, so when my friend and I were passing their flagship store on Beak Street in Soho this weekend (nestled conveniently between Regent Street and Carnaby St and a 5 min walk to Oxford Circus) we decided to go in to have a look.  The store was decorated in quite dark colours but the layout was spacious and airy, and the staff were exactly the right level of helpfulness – i.e not leaving us feeling harassed or constantly stared-at but always at hand to answer any questions!

There was a corner full of sale make-up so I picked a few reduced eyeshadows and a lipgloss, and I also ended up buying one of the lipsticks from their current autumn/winter 2011 collection which is called Theatre of the Nameless.  Unfortunately these long nights are killing me photography-wise and I didn’t manage to take swatches of most of these before it became too dull to take any accurate ones, so this is more of a sneak-peak to hopefully whet your appetite for the posts to come.

IMG_3674

Above: my Illamasqua carrier bag – how cool is the image?  It’s one of the promo-shots for their Theatre of the Nameless collection.  I’m going to save this and reuse it to give somebody their Christmas present in.

IMG_3682

Above: what I picked up – three eyeshadows, one lipgloss (all sale items) and a lipstick (current collection).  Altogether this cost me £35.50, which was brilliant value for so many high-end goodies.

2011-11-131

Above: Kontrol lipstick

2011-11-133

Above: Yearn (dark green) and Vapour powder eyeshadows (2g each).

2011-11-134

Above: Sheer Lipgloss in Explode (7ml) and powder eyeshadow in Synth – both shimmery light lilacs

No comments:

Post a Comment