Just for something different I thought I’d share five beauty “rules” or popular techniques that I never follow or bother with. My beauty philosophy in general though is just to have fun and do whatever you feel like!
- Eyebrows – I never fill in my brows, and to be honest I hardly ever shape them either. I just tend to pluck them once every couple of months and just leave them to their own devices in between. I have quite a defined brow shape anyway so I’m happy to leave them be.
- Inner Lash Lines – I hardly ever bother with eye pencil on my inner lash lines. You will occasionally see me wearing some but generally it’ll be a bright colour or for a special occasion. For one I have small eyes and it just makes them look smaller, and for another I find it quite uncomfortable to apply. I used to wear eye pencil on my inner lash lines a lot when I was younger but I always always had problems with it smudging all around my eyes (although that was one way of creating a smoky eye look I suppose) and then one day I just decided that it didn’t even look that good on me so it just wasn’t worth bothering with anymore.
- Mascara on the lower lashes – I have so few lower lashes I just don’t bother. I think I’d look much weirder wearing mascara on the few lashes that I do have than I look simply wearing none at all.
- Concealer – I hardly ever wear concealer. Maybe because I’ve just never truly mastered the art of application nine times out of ten I find that it just ends up making the area I’m trying to conceal look even worse!
- Contouring – I never bother contouring with bronzer underneath my cheek bones, I prefer to just whack some shimmery blush on my cheeks and go. Much simpler and less accident prone.
Now that I’ve gotten started I can think of loads of other little beauty quirks that I have – but I set out to do five so I’ll leave the rest just now for another post!