Friday 6 April 2012

Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Crimson/Pink

Originally I was going to post a look of me wearing this as my eyeshadow today but when I went to take some photos of the product itself for the blog I discovered that it said on the bottom “Not for around the eyes” – whoops!  So please don’t make the same mistake that I did if you have this product as it could cause major problems if it gets into your eyes (the glitter particles could be sharp and scratch your eyes bascially, ouch ouch ouch!)

Anyway I bought this product last weekend when I was feeling in a glitzy mood and the first time I wore it was on my cheeks anyway so I will still get some use out of it on my cheeks and lips.  I only have a couple of boring arm swatches of the product for you today but I’m sure to be using it again this spring so I will update this post when I have more pictures.

2012-04-062

NOT for use around the eyes!!

2012-04-063

Left: swatched with no base; right: swatched over a creamy base

I’m slightly disappointed with this product for two reasons: one that it can’t be used around the eyes (and also related to that the fact that this fact wasn’t clearly labelled on the stand when I bought it) and two because with a name like “fine glitter dust” I would have hoped for the product to have been pure pink glitter, but in fact as can clearly be seen above it is a silver glitter simply mixed with pink dazzle dust.  Although the effect is pretty it’s really not the effect I was hoping for – I wanted a coloured glitter, not a glitter suspended in pigment that will colour my skin.  I probably wouldn’t mind so much if I were primarily going to use it as an eyeshadow but really why would I want to for example dust my shoulders with this when it will leave them a blotchy pink shade instead of just with a fine dusting of glitter?  I don’t feel like I’m explaining myself very well but I hope you can see my point!

Barry M fine glitter dusts cost under £5 each and are often on special offer so at least they never break the bank even if you are disappointed in a particular shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment