Sunday 22 April 2012

Brown Eyes

When I first started wearing make-up I felt that brown eyeshadow made me look a bit washed out and tired so I actually never wore any for years.  Lately though I’ve been discovering that as long as I stick to the right shades for my skin tone it can actually be very flattering and therefore great for quick everyday looks that bascially leave me a bit more polished looking than being bare faced.

My favourite way to wear brown at the moment is blended into the crease.  For the look below I smoothed a very thin layer of a matte grey cream eyeshadow over my lid up to the crease to act as both a base and base colour, then blended a medium warm brown shimmery pigment into the crease with a fluffy brush.  I then finished with a touch of sky blue eyeliner along my lower lash line and some brown-black mascara – I think the contrast of the blue and brown keeps the look fresh and makes me look more wide awake.

I also like to wear plenty of blush with this eye make-up as I think I can get away with it without looking overly made-up.

IMG_5705

2012-04-22

I recently changed my eyebrow routine and I really like how they look at the moment – I’ve actually just been leaving them for weeks and weeks and then just plucking the few stray hairs that don’t form part of the arch.  I think the extra hairs have created a nice strong shape that seems to suit my face pretty well.  Hurray for low-maintenance beauty!

I’ve also been growing my hair long.  I think I’ll leave it till it’s just below my shoulders before I bother going to the hairdressers again which should hopefully be by the end of this year.  I shampoo my hair everyday but I tend to only blast it with a hairdryer for a couple of minutes before leaving it to dry out naturally, and I only use conditioner once or twice a month.  I used to use conditioner every single time I washed my hair until one of my flatmates in my final year at uni (way back in 2004!) told me that she never used conditioner and suggested that I try it too and she was right – I actually just thought that I needed it rather than actually needing it.  I also love the fact that I save loads of money not buying conditioner and just buying cheap shampoo!  (I honestly don’t think there’s much difference between different shampoo brands and I’m perfectly happy with Superdrug’s own brand shampoo).  When I had short hair I never bothered with conditioner at all and I’ve only started using it again occasionally because I’m growing my hair much longer so I want to keep it in good condition.  I’ll probably buy some kind of oil (maybe argan, or hazlenut) in a month and start applying that to my hair after washing when it’s still damp and leaving it in as a leave in treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment