Sunday 1 April 2012

Illamasqua Lipstick in Drench

I found these photos on my camera which were taken in the winter before my laptop broke so I thought I might as well do a quick post with them.  I don’t wear it very often but this is what I look like with red lipstick on.  I’m wearing the lipstick a little bit inside my natural lipline in this picture to create the impression of a round lip shape which I sometimes do with intense colours.

IMG_5012

I bought this in the Illamasqua winter sale so I got it for the bargain price of £7.50 but I’ve just checked and it is still available from their website albeit at full price (£15.50).  I guess they were selling off old stock in the sale.

I have to say that I don’t think the colour looks anything like the swatch on the website, unless they’ve completely reformulated and changed the colour – but then they might as well give it a new name.  It’s a really bright light red on me but comes up more dark raspberry on the Illamasqua website.

2012-01-14

I really like the finish of this lipstick; it’s creamy enough to be non-drying but also dry enough to be long lasting.  I don’t have any problems with this colour bleeding and don’t tend to bother with lip liner when I wear it – I just apply with a small lip brush to create the precise lip shape that I want.  It lasts for four to five hours on me.  I like this colour as a red lipstick – I don’t wear red lipstick that often but I sometimes feel like it so it’s good to have this one in my make-up arsenal for those occasions when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment