Sunday 27 May 2012

Accessorize 32 Shade Eye Palettes

I was very excited to discover in Superdrug on Friday that Accessorize have added some new items to their make-up line.  Accessorize is one of my favourite high street make-up brands so I just had to grab their two new 32 Shade Eye Palletes straight away.

There are two colour options; Lovely Day (leopard print cover) and You Are Everything (Union Jack cover).

IMG_6275-001

You get 16g of shadow in total in each palette so 0.5g of each shadow and the pans are about the size of a 1p piece.  Lovely Day contains a mixture of neutral shades while You Are Everything contains a slightly more colourful selection.

First up here’s a closer look at Lovely Day.

IMG_6278

You can click on the collage below for a slightly bigger view of the shadows.

2012-05-273

And now You Are Everything:

IMG_6305

Again you can click on the collage below for a closer look.

2012-05-272

Well I really love both of these palettes; I think you get a great selection of colours and finishes (mattes, shimmers and metallics) and the price is good too with the palettes currently retailing for around £9 each.  Actually Superdrug are running a 3-for-2 promotion on cosmetics at the moment so I picked up their new mascara at the same time.  It’s called Fibre Lash Lenghtening mascara and costs around £7.

IMG_6337

IMG_6335 

The packaging as usual is super cute; a violet tube with pictures of butterflies on it.  The wand of this mascara is hard plastic, with short bristles on one side and longer bristles on the other.  I guess you can wiggle the short brushes through the roots of your lashes to build root volume then brush the longer bristles through to the tips to build length.  I think mascara is such a difficult product to provide a good review on as the user experience depends so much on the lashes that you start off with.  I’m afraid that even though I love the fact that this is so buildable (I’m currently wearing 5 thin coats and I could’ve gone for another three or four) without clumping, but this mascara just doesn’t do it for my puny lashes.  I need something that’s a bit clumpier to be honest to build a bit of volume.  The Accessorize Flutter Curl mascara is much better for me.

Here’s a pic of the Accessorize Flutter Curl mascara wand with a trendy photo effect:

IMG_6343

And a quick side-by-side comparison so you can see the similarities and differences in the wands and packaging:

IMG_6358

No comments:

Post a Comment