Wednesday 30 May 2012

Shop MAC, Cook MAC: Flaunting It

I am on a MAC cooling-off period at the moment but I did buy a few items earlier this spring that I haven’t gotten round to featuring on the blog yet.  Anyway today I finally got round to taking some pics of one of my favourite items, a Kissable Lip Colour in the shade Flaunting It.

The Shop MAC, Cook MAC products came in special edition colourful packaging…

IMG_6535

which I really dislike!  It’s not the design but rather the fact that it’s actually just an additional cardboard sleeve which contains the normal black MAC cardboard packaging anyway and I really dislike excess packaging!  I know I’m not in a good position to start moaning about excess consumption given the amount I shop but still there’s just no need, there’s just no need.

2012-05-301

For £16.50 you get 5g of product.  It’s not a lot.  The tube is very thin and comes with a largely unspectacular doe foot applicator.

2012-05-302

The texture is very creamy and moisturising, but not at all sticky or thick.  It’s easy to apply using the doe foot applicator and I have to say that it lasts pretty well.  If I pop this on on the bus to work then it sees me through to lunchtime no bother.

I really like the colour, which is a purple/mauve shade that I could see myself wearing all round the year.

IMG_6564

IMG_6582

All in all I quite like this product but I am I alone in thinking that the pricing is crazy?  I wanted to try it out to see if there was something spectacular about it, but there really isn’t so personally I can’t see myself buying this again.  I know that MAC has a massive fan base and is often described as good value or affordable but personally I really can’t see what all the fuss is about.  Maybe it is more affordable in America where this lip product does not cost three times the minimum hourly wage?  I just don’t know!

No comments:

Post a Comment