Tuesday 5 June 2012

Accessorize Matte Lipsticks for Summer 2012

IMG_7189

Accessorize is one of my favourite make-up brands but I hadn’t actually tried any of their lipsticks before.  I picked up a couple of bright colours (nudey coral Smitten and fuschia Love-Struck) from their newly released matte range because 1) they looked like cute colours for the summer and 2) how cute is this packaging??  Yeah, I’m a sucker for animals on packaging…

IMG_7195

IMG_7191

The lipsticks also come with a tiny removable gloss/balm on the end which is the exact same shade as the lipstick.  Although it is a useable product the container is so tiny I can only get any product out by scooping it out on the back of my nail and I actually think it’s mainly there to give a true indication of the colour of the lipstick.

IMG_7196

IMG_7199

I’ve been testing out these products this weekend and I do quite like them.  The colours are lovely but they are somewhat difficult to apply as they are very, very dry.  They have a very matte finish.  I find them much easier to apply straight from the bullet than with a lip brush as rubbing them on my lips helps to warm the product up and allow it to glide over my lips a bit better.  The biggest plus point is that they’re really long lasting and don’t need any lip pencil underneath to help them adhere to the lips any better and I get four hours of wear minimum with these (which takes into account numerous cups of tea/coffee on my part). 

IMG_7205

IMG_7213

Above: the coloured balms are the exact same shade as the lipsticks.

These lippies cost £3.95 each and are available in selected Superdrug and Accessorize stores which I think is really great value for the colour and lasting power that you get.  On a bit of a side note, I’m not really sure why Accessorize doesn’t get greater publicity – I don’t read about it much on other blogs and even Accessorize’s own website and twitter feed seem to largely overlook their cosmetics range, so it remains a bit of a hidden gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment