Sunday 24 June 2012

Everyday Look for Work Spring 2012

This is a look that I’ve worn quite a lot this spring and summer so far.  I like it because although it’s super quick to put together (5-10 min for the full face) it looks really colourful and polished.

IMG_7449

Here’s what I used to create the look.  As you can see there aren’t that many products to it.

IMG_7471

I used a MAC quad from the Spring limited edition collection Shop MAC called Shop and Drop.  I find that these shadows work best over a non-creamy/sticky primer so I like to use my MUA Professional Eye Primer for this look.  It’s a really great budget primer that currently retails for £2.50 and is available from selected Superdrug stores or their website.

 IMG_7489

I have a few MAC eyeshadow quads from various limited edition collections now but I’m not sure that I’d buy any more. While they may seem at first glance to be good value – four eyeshadows plus a palette for less than the normal cost of four shadows without a palette, there have been issues with the quality of the products in recent MAC limited editions and also it’s only good value if you’re actually going to use all the shades. This is my current favourite MAC quad but I still only use two of the shadows – so not such good value after all really!

IMG_7506

IMG_7534

I tend to use a flat eyeshadow brush to place Hypnotizing over my eyelids then blend Power Boosted into my crease with a rounded blending brush before adding a couple of coats of black mascara, and that’s it.  I don’t bother with any eyeliner or eyepencil or shadow under my eyes for definition…I think the combination of these colours create a lovely effect just by themselves.

IMG_7484

Below: Hypnotizing is a shimmery lilac tinted silvery taupe

IMG_7509

Below: Power Boosted is a bright shimmery violet

IMG_7512

2012-06-24

Above: The finished eye look – colourful and polished, and only takes about five minutes to apply.

I used a light peachy blush with golden shimmer over my cheeks and temples.  One of my current favourites is the central colour from my Sleek Blush by Three trio in Lace.  I mixed it with a tiny amount on the bright coral on the right as well.

IMG_7498

Finally I finished off with a slick of light pink lipstick. My everyday lippie at the moment is my H&M lipstick in pink seashell which I’ve posted some more details photos of here.

IMG_7486

And that’s it!  Hope you like this look.  I’m always running late in the mornings so I love 5-minute make-up and I’ll be posting some more everyday eyeshadow looks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment