Tuesday 5 June 2012

Nails to Match the Weather

Just in time for the start of the British summer the weather’s been rainy and dull the whole weekend long, so I decided to make the best of it and paint my nails to match.

IMG_7278

IMG_7291

Above: three thin coats of I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!

This is the shade I Don’t Give A Rotterdam! from the OPI Holland Collection released this spring.  I really dislike the name.  What’s the point of it? It’s a pun on “I don’t give a damn” and the Dutch port city of Rotterdam…so what? That’s not funny, and what does that have to do with the colour of this nail varnish?

IMG_7294

Anyway, grievances with the name aside this is quite a good nail varnish.  I apply two to three thin coats to get good coverage which lasts at least a week without chipping.  The consistency is great and the varnish dries very quickly. I also really like the steely blue colour which is shot through with a super fine silver shimmer. OPI nail varnishes don’t come cheap in the UK though and I paid £11 full price for this (15ml) in John Lewis.  So, while it is one of the best performing nail varnishes I have I probably won’t be buying any more OPI until there’s either a sale or I’ve used most of this one up in a couple of years as I think OPI would be an expensive indulgence when I have quite a large collection of other colours to choose from already.

No comments:

Post a Comment