Monday 18 June 2012

Sleek Blush by Three in Lace & Sugar

2012-04-064

IMG_5563

Above: the slim packaging and integrated mirror (which fills the whole of the lid) makes these palettes perfect for travelling with.

Below: left – Lace, right – Sugar

IMG_5566

When I first saw these blush palettes in Superdrug I have to admit that I did hesitate.  At £9.99 they’re actually the most expensive Sleek products I’ve ever noticed and the colours were so bright I wondered if I’d actually dare to wear any of the shades. They’re not at all expensive for what you get – a whooping 20g of product - but £10 is a lot to shell out on a high street blush product in one go. Curiosity got the better of me though and I decided to try one of the lighter combinations, the trio in Lace (above left). I went on to fall in love with it so much that I picked up another palette in Sugar, which contains three even darker shades but which are actually so wearable that Sugar is actually my current favourite everyday blush.

As you can see from the photo above Lace and Sugar contain three pretty similar shades, but Sugar is slightly redder.  The two outer colours have a matte finish while the centre shade has a gold shimmer finish.  All the shades are very pigmented and I like to apply them by dabbing my brush over the centre shade and one of the matte colours then gently tapping the brush over my cheeks until I get a colour intensity that I’m happy with.  I then tend to take a clean blush brush to blend the colour in either with a highlighter across the top of my cheekbones or just to buff it into my skin a bit more.  The colour is very buildable and I love the fact that you can go from sheer to incredibly bright with these shades depending on your mood, and of course you can mix the colours up however you feel like it – they are so versatile.

Here’s a quick shot of me wearing a blend of the shades from the Sugar palette this weekend.  I’m actually wearing the darkest red here which goes to show that you can wear these colours even if you are very fair. I love the way it totally brightens up my whole face.

IMG_7309

These palettes were available from Superdrug for a limited time only but are currently available to buy direct from the Sleek website.

No comments:

Post a Comment