Saturday 28 July 2012

My Illamasqua transformation

My friend took me to the Illamasqua store on Beak Street yesterday for a “transformation” as one of my birthday presents.  I suppose the fact that they call their make-overs “transformations” is the clue that you can ask for something as dramatic as you like!  I told the make-up artist that I liked bright eyeshadow and ‘80s make-up and this is what he came up with on me:

IMG_7634

IMG_7633

I think it was a really fun look that reminded me of so many things – new romantics, Starlight Express, early sci-fi movies, and even Peking Opera somewhat. It was also a good experience to wear a look outside of my comfort zone – usually I never wear liquid eyeliner on the lower lash line and I’m actually a bit scared of red eyeshadow but it gave me some ideas on how I could pull them off.

I wasn’t actually going out in the evening though as it was the opening ceremony of the Olympic games and I had made plans to stay home and watch it with my boyf with some Chinese take-away so I toned the look down somewhat when I got home by removing the eyeliner on my lower lash line and the blush. This is a shot taken after I’d eaten my dinner so the lipstick was mostly gone but I think the eye make-up like this is something I’d probably wear for a night out.

IMG_7646

IMG_7648

Incidentally I really enjoyed the opening ceremony of the games and now I’m in full Olympic fever mood so I have an Olympic inspired look coming up shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment