Sunday 2 September 2012

Green and Brown

I was playing around with this green eyeshadow on Saturday as I wanted to wear a really bright colour for a party I was going to, but when it was actually on my eyes it just ended up looking a bit washed out. I took it off and wore a bright purple in the end instead, but thought that I might as well get some use out of it so I teamed it up with a brown and a light green as a highlight for this slightly washed-out daytime look instead.

IMG_8008

IMG_8007

IMG_8010

The bright green and brown shadows are both from the Urban Decay Deluxe Palette (below) which I’ve decided to try to use up and throw out as soon as possible as I’ve just had it for ages and it’s been lying around neglected for years. Although many of the colours look really bright I find that unless you use a strong base (i.e a cream base in a similar colour to the shadow) they don’t appear as bright on the skin as they do in the pans. There’s a fair selection of neutrals as well so even though there’s no particular colour theme it’s quite a versatile palette.

IMG_1942

No comments:

Post a Comment