Sunday 14 October 2012

MUA Artiste Collection Palette

This palette was released a couple of weeks ago as part of MUA Professional’s autumn/winter 2012 collection. As any regular readers of this blog will have noticed, I am an eyeshadow addict and lately I’ve been acquiring quite a taste for MUA so I decided to add this to my collection.

The palette contains 6 shimmery shadows with a splatter design (although this is just on the surface of the shadows, quickly wears off and doesn’t affect the colour payoff – but it’s cute to look at while it lasts), two blushes, a contour shade and a highlighter. Altogether the palette contains 17g of product and currently costs £6.

I have been playing around with the palette this weekend and have a couple of looks created from it coming up, but for today I thought I’d just quickly post some swatches of the eyeshadows.

IMG_2496

IMG_2508

From left to right: Pistachio (very light green), Mocca (v. light fawn), Ice (bright blue), Grape (bright violet), Chocolate (mid-tone metallic brown), Cookie (mid-tone brown)

This palette is a bit of a departure from previous MUA palettes. It contains only 6 eyeshadows compared to 12, but each shadow is larger. The quality is comparable to any other MUA eyeshadows I’ve tried – very good pigmentation, though some of the colours are quite soft and prone to fall-out when applying. The packaging is also cheap but functional – I like the fact that the lids are see-through so you can see the contents at a glance. I find this colour scheme somewhat unusual and disjointed – but for me personally as I only usually wear a maximum of two shades at a time during the week it’s not an issue as it does contain many complimentary duos.

It’s also the first palette to contain face products. I haven’t swatched the blushes or contour and highlighter here but I will mention in upcoming posts when I have used them. The colours are all wearable but I have found them a bit difficult to pick up on my blush brush as the pans are quite small.

Overall this is an excellent buy for £6, though it’s not a make-up bag essential. The colours are nice for a selection of muted daytime looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment