Sunday 28 October 2012

MUA Powder Blushers

I put in my first ever order at the MUA online store at the beginning of October as there were loads of products I wanted to try out and my nearest Superdrugs aren’t always very well stocked – probably because MUA’s so popular, so the stands are often stripped quite bare. My order was dispatched really quickly and was very well packaged and when I had a query the customer service team were very quick to respond and helpful, so I would definitely order from them again.

One of the things I ordered were some powder blushers. These are from the original £1 range so, yes, they cost just £1 each, making it nice and cheap to experiment with different shades. They are quite small for blushers, with just 2.4g of product. There are currently six colours in the range with a nice selection of shades and finishes, but it is quite difficult to choose shades from the colour representation on the website.

I picked up shades 2 and 3 (no shade names, just numbers) which were darker than I was expecting from the pictures on the website but luckily they turned out to be perfect shades for autumn.

IMG_2710

2012-10-28

top – shade 3, bottom – shade 2

IMG_2716

left – shade 3, right – shade 2

Shade 3 is a lovely matt russet shade while shade 2 is a plum with flecks of gold shimmer. Both shades are very pigmented, but unfortunately the texture is very powdery and due to the small rectangular shape of the packaging I find it impossible to pick enough product up on my normal blusher brush without spilling a ton of blusher dust everywhere at the same time. The packaging is also a bit flimsy and the clear front often comes off at the hinge.

All in all it’s quite a nice product so I can definitely see myself using these up over the next couple of months, but because they’re so fiddly to use I probably won’t be buying any again.

IMG_2702

Above: I’m just wearing some tinted moisturiser and MUA blusher in shade 2. The colour pay-off is pretty good and it’s a lovely shade for the autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment