Tuesday 11 December 2012

Purple Smoky Eye with Vintage Bourjois

I picked up several Bourjois vintage items in TKMaxx a few months back. There were a selection of eyeshadows and blushers produced with limited edition packaging back in 2010 so I know the stock must have been a couple of years old when I bought it, but I’m not too worried about using older eyeshadows and I was a sucker for the cute packaging which features vintage style illustrations of scenes from Paris.

I’m not the biggest fan of Bourjois eyeshadows as I find them a bit sheer and chalky but sheer eyeshadows can have their advantages too. I don’t always want pure intense colour on my eyes and sometimes prefer to build intensity up by layering sheerer colours rather than having to blend out super-dense ones.

IMG_3069

IMG_3072

I just went for a classic 3-colour smoky eye here, using silver as my lightest base colour all over the lid then layering a mid tone and dark shade at the edges of my lids and along my lashline to build depth. I really like this combination of colours – it’s slightly unexpected, and also a good way of avoiding black eyeshadow, which I try not to use if I can avoid it (I just think that with my pale skin and dark hair and brows black eyeshadow is very difficult for me to pull off without looking like a vampire…)

Here are the actual products that I used – three eyeshadows and one rosey toned blush.

The shades clockwise from top are: 72 Violet Absolut; 25 Argent; 95 Rose de Jaspe (blusher); 04 Noir Precieux (a blackened purple). I’m not sure if the actual shades themselves were limited edition or not.

IMG_3074

IMG_3076

Since I’m such a fan of this packaging, I really could just customise more of the make-up I already own by sticking stickers on it. If I ever get round to trying that out I’ll post some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment