Wednesday 23 January 2013

Best Brightening Eyeshadows

My absolute favourite eyeshadow look this winter has been a light reflecting shimmery shade across my entire lid, sometimes coupled with some eyeliner. I find it really refreshing amongst all the darkness that wintery weather and early sunsets bring, and I love the way it wakes my whole face up.

Here are my favourite brightening eyeshadows from my stash.

IMG_3599

Clockwise from top: B. Complete Eyeshadow Palette in 179 English Rose; MUA Trio Eyeshadow in Pink Sorbet; Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Synth; The Body Shop Eyecolour in 26 Shell Pink; Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Static.

IMG_3615

IMG_3612

IMG_3606

IMG_3603

IMG_3602

Above: Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Static. This looks white in the packaging, but it has a lilac/pink cast to it. You can see this much more clearly in the pigment that is sitting on the black lid. This is what the pigment looks like if worn over dark eyeliner, making it a very versatile eyeshadow. It can also be worn as a highlighter on cheekbones or lips.

Here are a couple of very blue toned swatch photos – sorry for the poor winter daylight, but these eyeshadows are very light anyway so I find it difficult to photograph them to show them at their best.

IMG_3625

From left to right: Illamasqua powder eyeshadow in Synth, Illamasqua pure pigment in Static, Body Shop Eyecolour in 26 Shell Pink

IMG_3628

From left to right: two lightest shades from MUA trio; two lightest shades from B.Complete Eyeshadow Palette

IMG_3618

IMG_3621

In the photo above I’m wearing a mixture of the two lightest shades from the MUA palette. Along with my grown-out eyebrows I think this makes me look quite young and refreshed. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment