Saturday 19 January 2013

Happy January!

Hello and welcome to my first post of 2013! I’ve been having a bit of a break from blogging as I had such a crazy December and I needed some time to recuperate from Christmas! I’m back now though and have plenty of inspiration for posts so you’ll be seeing a lot more activity on Chilled Pink Grapefruit soon.

Did you make any beauty resolutions for 2013? I have a few general aspirations:

  • Simplify  - use fewer products, and be more faithful to old favourites instead of introducing a load of new products into my regime. Also, stress less about trying to look perfectly polished – just as long as I’m happy with the way I look, that’s good enough for me. It’s also useful to remember that even when you are interacting with someone closely they’re probably still going to be at least a metre away from your face, so there’s no sense in even thinking about how something looks in a magnifying mirror – it’s more realistic to examine how you look by standing slightly back from a normal mirror.
  • DIY – I’d like to have a go at creating some products at home.
  • Use up – I’m going to try to use up more products to clear up a bit of room in my stash. I’m not going to go on any “no buy” periods though, but instead just try to buy only those products that I know I will use and love and indulge a bit less in impulse shopping.

In line with my first resolution, I have a few photos to share today of my make-up looking less than perfect – and with that being absolutely fine by me. I popped some eyeshadow and eyeliner on this morning before heading out to meet a friend. It was a bit blustery today though so I ended up looking quite wind-swept by the time I got home, and only about half of my make-up actually had survived the afternoon. However, it was fine – it just looked a bit “lived in”, which I actually don’t mind.

2013-01-27

IMG_3575

My eyeliner flick was all but gone, my eyeshadow had creased right off my eyelid, and as you can of course see, I’ve stopped plucking my eyebrows so there are several stray hairs growing underneath my arches.

However, the overall effect, windswept hair included, was fine, I think – evidence below!

IMG_3572

I think I look nice and chilled out – which is what this blog is all about, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment