Tuesday 16 April 2013

BarryM Waterproof Gel Eyeliner No. 3

IMG_4544

This is quite a new offering from BarryM and although I’m not the world’s biggest fan of gel eyeliners the unusual colour caught my eye. The RRP is £5.49, which seems quite standard for a Superdrug-stocked kind of gel eyeliner – not so cheap and not so expensive.

The packaging is that common brush-in-lid style of pot that many different brands now use. Personally I find it very useful – not only because you don’t have to go out and buy a separate brush for doing your gel liner with, but also because this is a very nifty way of keeping your brush and product together and also keeping your brush clean.

IMG_4546

The product itself is quite thick and creamy and I find it very easy to apply. Just one word of warning – try not to apply more than one layer, and don’t lay it on too thick and it will crack and potentially fall into your eye at some point during the day – ouch! If you manage to apply a nice thin even layer though you’ll have no worries about it coming off during the day. This is a very long lasting product.

2013-04-141

The colour pay off is quite excellent which I hope you can see clearly in the swatch on my hand below. It comes up as a lovely and unusual antique gold.

IMG_4554

The first time I wore it it did immediately put me in mind of another one of my gel liners, my MAC fluidline in Catch My Eye which I picked up from their holiday collection this Christmas just past (Dec 2012). As I mentioned, I’m not the biggest fan of gel liners but I was drawn to the unusual colour.

A quick comparison shows that while these products are no dupes, it would be fair to consider them as sisters, and both add a lovely subtle metallic gleam to the lashline.

IMG_4556-001

Above: MAC fluidline in Catch My Eye

IMG_4559

Left: MAC fluidline, Right: BarryM Waterproof Gel Liner

IMG_4560

Left: BarryM Waterproof Gel Liner in No. 3; Right MAC Fluidline in Catch My Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment