Saturday 6 April 2013

Sleek Lagoon Palette

2013-03-30

Note: I applied a colour vibrancy effect in the above photo so it is not a true colour representation of the palette!

Sleek released a spring 2013 “Aqua Collection” at the end of March which comprised of an i-Divine 12 pan eyeshadow palette, a powder blush, and a mini nail polish set of four colours. I’m sure I didn’t need yet another spring-themed eyeshadow palette but I have a soft spot for Sleek so I decided to pick it up. I also bought the blush but I haven’t tried it out yet so I’m not going to mention it in this post – hopefully I will get round to trying it out next week so that I can post some thoughts on it soon.

The eyeshadow palette contains 12 x 1.1g eyeshadows (basically – loads!) and costs £7.99. There are a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. Here are a few more shots including some swatches on my arm.

IMG_4241

Top row: Sassea, Deep Water, Reflection, Emerald, Oyster, Black Pearl

Bottom row: Pink Jewel, Sand Dollar, Underworld, Sea Shell, Night Sky, Ariel

IMG_4243

IMG_4244

IMG_4262

Above: top row of the palette swatched

IMG_4256

Above: bottom row of the palette swatched

There’s a nice mix of colours in the palette, which will appeal to anybody like me who likes colourful eyeshadows. The consistency of these shadows is very creamy and you might have noticed in the pics above that the surface of the “Pink Jewel” shadow in the bottom left of my palette is looking a bit funky. While it swatches fine I do have trouble picking that shade up with a brush and I’ve ended up gouging tiny chunks out of it in the process, which was a bit disappointing. If you have several similar shades in your stash already then you might want to try to swatch this palette in person before deciding whether to invest in it or not.

The fun thing about this palette though is that you can really play around with it and come up with some funky looks. I went for a splash of pastel colour all over the eye for Easter weekend as the colours on the bottom row in particular reminded me of easter eggs.

2013-03-291

IMG_4199

I used from inner corner to outer corner: Sand Dollar, Pink Jewel, Sassea, and Sea Shell to create an Easter inspired eyeshadow montage on my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment